The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is a critical error that can occur in Windows 10, causing the system to crash. One of the most common causes of the BSOD is a page fault in nonpaged area, which can be caused by a variety of issues, including corrupted system files, outdated drivers, or hardware issues. In this article, we will provide you with some information on how to fix the Windows Update error "We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down."
Facts from the question
- The question is about a laptop running Windows 10 that has a Blue Screen of Death.
- The error message states "page fault in nonpaged area" and "what failed is ntfs.sys."
- The error occurs when the system attempts to go into automatic recovery.
Steps to solve the issue
Here are some steps to solve the Blue Screen of Death issue:
- Boot into Safe Mode: Booting into Safe Mode can help you troubleshoot the issue. To do this, restart your computer and press the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears. Select "Safe Mode" and press Enter.
- Run a system file check: A system file check can help fix issues with corrupted system files. To do this, open an elevated command prompt window and type the following command: "sfc /scannow."
- Update drivers: Outdated or corrupted drivers can cause issues with the system. Try updating your drivers to the latest version.
- Check for hardware issues: Hardware issues can cause the Blue Screen of Death. Try running hardware diagnostics to check for any issues.
- Perform a clean boot: A clean boot can help you identify the cause of the issue. To do this, open the System Configuration utility and select "Selective startup." Uncheck "Load startup items" and select "Hide all Microsoft services." Click "Disable all" and restart your computer.
Related questions and their answers
What is the Blue Screen of Death?
The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) is a critical error that can occur in Windows 10, causing the system to crash. The error message is displayed on a blue screen and indicates that the system has encountered a serious problem and needs to be restarted.
What causes the Blue Screen of Death?
The Blue Screen of Death can be caused by a variety of issues, including corrupted system files, outdated drivers, or hardware issues.
The Blue Screen of Death can be a frustrating issue to deal with, but the steps provided in this article can help you troubleshoot and fix the issue. If you encounter any other issues related to the Blue Screen of Death, you can refer to the related questions and their answers for further assistance.