If you have noticed a grey box in the top right corner of your Windows 10 desktop, you may be wondering what it is and how to remove it. The box shows GPU, CPU, and RAM stats and cannot be closed. In this article, we will provide you with some information on what the grey box is and some steps to help you remove it.
Facts from the question
- A grey box has appeared in the top right corner of the Windows 10 desktop.
- The box shows GPU, CPU, and RAM stats.
- The box cannot be closed.
Steps to remove the grey box on top-right corner of Windows 10 desktop
Here are some steps to remove the grey box on top-right corner of Windows 10 desktop:
- Check for any third-party software: The grey box may be caused by third-party software that you have installed on your computer. Try uninstalling any recently installed software to see if the issue is resolved.
- Check for any running processes: The grey box may be caused by a running process on your computer. Open Task Manager and check for any processes that are using high CPU or memory resources. End the process and see if the issue is resolved.
- Disable the Windows Performance Monitor: The grey box may be caused by the Windows Performance Monitor. Here's how to disable it:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type "perfmon /report" and hit Enter.
- Click on the Stop button to stop the performance monitor.
- Disable the Windows Desktop Gadgets: The grey box may be caused by the Windows Desktop Gadgets. Here's how to disable them:
- Right-click on the desktop and select Gadgets.
- Right-click on any gadget and select Close Gadget.
- Repeat the process for all gadgets.
Related questions and their answers
How to fix the "Activate Windows" watermark in Windows 10?
Here are some steps to fix the "Activate Windows" watermark in Windows 10:
- Open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
- Right-click on the SkipRearm value and select Modify.
- Change the value data to 1.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
How to fix the most annoying things in Windows 10?
Here are some steps to fix the most annoying things in Windows 10:
- Disable notifications.
- Remove bloatware.
- Disable Cortana.
- Disable automatic updates.
- Disable the lock screen.
The grey box on the top right corner of the Windows 10 desktop can be caused by third-party software, running processes, or the Windows Performance Monitor. The steps provided in this article can help you remove the grey box. If you encounter any issues, you can try the related questions and their answers to help you fix the problem.