Sometimes, when trying to open certain apps like Melodyne and Adobe Animate, users may encounter an error message that says, "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem." This error can be caused by a missing or corrupted DLL file, which is required for the app to run. In this article, we will provide you with some information on how to fix this error and get your apps running again.
Steps to fix "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found" error
Here are some steps to fix "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found" error:
- Install the latest Visual C++ Redistributable: The VCRUNTIME140_1.dll file is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable package. Try downloading and installing the latest version of the package from the Microsoft website.
- Repair or reinstall the app: If the error message appears when trying to open a specific app, try repairing or reinstalling the app. To do this, go to "Settings > Apps > Apps & features" and select the app. Click on "Advanced options" and then select "Repair" or "Reset."
- Run a system file checker: The system file checker can help detect and repair missing or corrupted system files. To run the system file checker, open the command prompt as an administrator and type "sfc /scannow" and press Enter.
- Update Windows: Make sure that your Windows operating system is up-to-date. Install any pending updates and then try opening the app again.
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual Studio: If you have Microsoft Visual Studio installed on your computer, try reinstalling it to see if it fixes the issue.
Related questions and their answers
How to fix app installation issues in Windows 10?
Here are some steps to fix app installation issues in Windows 10:
- Restart your computer and try installing the app again.
- Check your internet connection.
- Clear the Microsoft Store cache.
- Reset the Microsoft Store.
- Run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
How to fix DLL errors in Windows?
Here are some steps to fix DLL errors in Windows:
- Install the latest updates for Windows.
- Run a virus scan.
- Use System Restore to undo recent changes.
- Use the System File Checker to repair missing or corrupted system files.
- Reinstall the program that is causing the DLL error.
Encountering the "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll was not found" error message when trying to open certain apps can be frustrating. The steps provided in this article can help you fix this error and get your apps running again. If you encounter any issues, you can try the related questions and their answers to help you fix the problem.